Re: digikam 5: then ksnapshot is removed

On 14 August 2016 at 16:56, Martin Steigerwald <martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 14. August 2016, 08:37:38 CEST schrieb Pino Toscano:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In data sabato 13 agosto 2016 20:08:01 CEST, Luc Castermans ha scritto:
>> > Indeed installing Digikam 5 forces to remove kdegraphics package. I think
>> >
>> > I can miss a few, except for ksnapshot. Is this a wrong dependency?
>>
>> Yes, the kdegraphics metapackage needs to switch from ksnapshot to
>> kde-spectacle. As people pointed out already, ksnapshot is no more
>> developed, and instead there's spectacle (called kde-spectacle in Debian
>> for naming issues) which does what ksnapshot did and more.
>>
>> I'm going to upload soon a new version of meta-kde, so the update won't
>> cause the packages to be uninstalled.
>
> The only thing I miss from kde-spectacle is simply numbering screenshots. It
> has placeholders for date and time which is pointless for me to have in the
> filename, as its in the filesystem metadata and the image metadata already. It
> does not seem to have any placeholder for numbering them.
>
> But I will report this upstream as this is no Debian issue.
>
> --
> Martin

The Spectacle preferences says "If a file with this name already
exists, a serial number will be appended to the filename. For example,
if the filename is "Screenshot", and "Screenshot.png" already exist,
the image will be saved as "Screenshot-1.png".

--
Sami Erjomaa