Re: Kmail / Akonadi hanging, more

On Thu 14 Apr 2016 03:45:57 PM Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> On Thursday 14 April 2016 06:42:45 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > On Wed 13 Apr 2016 11:24:29 PM David Baron wrote:
> > > Other error states demanding re-login:
> > >
> > > Ineffective move or removal of message. Simple stays in its folder. No
> > > marking as read. Nada.
> >
> > I generally just use the akonadi console (previously the settings panel
> > for
> > it that has since disappeared) to stop and restart akonadi and that fixes
> > it most/all of the time.
>
> Normally it does. But I have to do it 5-10 times a day - a bit annoying.

My problems have mostly went away. Its only after a few days that it'll
happen. And it might have been made worse by defective memory.

> Before we invest too many thoughts into 4.x versions... What about kdepim
> from experimental ? I tried to pull it in today, but too many KDE packages
> would not resolve / would be removed.
> I would really like to know if someone managed to pull it in and how. Maybe
> the new versions have a few things fixed !?

I hope so. I only use kmail because i haven't found a better email client that
supports multiple accounts as well as kmail does.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca