Re: Kmail / Akonadi hanging, more

On Thursday 14 April 2016 06:42:45 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On Wed 13 Apr 2016 11:24:29 PM David Baron wrote:
> > Other error states demanding re-login:
> >
> > Ineffective move or removal of message. Simple stays in its folder. No
> > marking as read. Nada.
>
> I generally just use the akonadi console (previously the settings panel for
> it that has since disappeared) to stop and restart akonadi and that fixes
> it most/all of the time.

Normally it does. But I have to do it 5-10 times a day - a bit annoying.

Before we invest too many thoughts into 4.x versions... What about kdepim from
experimental ? I tried to pull it in today, but too many KDE packages would
not resolve / would be removed.
I would really like to know if someone managed to pull it in and how. Maybe
the new versions have a few things fixed !?

Tim