Re: Manage kde4 kwallet from plasma desktop

On Freitag, 26. Februar 2016 09:34:22 CET Gael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm actually an happy user of KDE on a Debian fully upgraded against SID
> repositories. I have done the migration from kwalletd4 to kwalletd5 during
> the transition to plasma. As i always use the kde4 kwallet instance for
> kde-pim (4:4.14.10-2) i would like to manage some aspects of the legacy
> kde4 kwallet (master password, closing policy of the wallet). It seems that
> my version of kwalletmanager (4:15.08.3-1) is not able to manager kde4
> kwallet instance. Does anyone know how to do it ?

I think there is no way, as kwalletmanager for KDE SC 4 kwallet is not
packages, unless, you edit its configuration file ~/.kde/share/config/
kwalletrc  directly or modify it with kwriteconfig (not kwriteconfig5). I
suggest making a backup before. And you may need to run kbuildsycoca4 (again
not 5) after it or relog the session.

You may consider install KDEPIM and Akonadi 15.12 from experimental instead
which uses kwallet5. But apt-get may prompt you to deinstall some packages
like kmymoney (if you installed it).

I didn´t test packaged KDEPIM and Akonadi 15.12, but use a self-compiled one.
And it has massive performance improvements. Just with IMAP accounts even
using Dovecot I can still get issues due to excessive folder synchronisation
even after just deleting some spam mails from the folder.

Ciao,
--
Martin