Plasma 5.8.5 coming and some other rough status information

Hello.

Maxy is currently uploading Plasma 5.8.5 which contains bugfixes and
translation updates.

https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.8.5.php

As a major upgrade that I would like to see KDEPIM 16.08 (or 16.12) is still
missing. But Qt webengine packages, a prerequisite of KDEPIM packages, are
available meanwhile (libqt5webengine5). Sandro is working on it as far as I
gather from #debian-qt-kde IRC channel and it appears by a issue with binutils
I didn´t follow closely. Whether a newer KDEPIM still makes it into stretch…
the current one works stable enough for me. At least when I raise InnoDB
buffer pool size considerably for my huge Akonadi setup. Just with mail
indexing on my work account it doesn´t work really nicely and builds up an
gigantic MySQL database for some reason.

Aside from that I am quite happy. Even Digikam and Krita are back on shiny new
Qt5 versions. KMyMoney is still Qt4, but working nicely – I believe the Qt5
version may still be to unstable. Amarok is Qt4 and will likely remain like
this for stretch as I am not aware of a working Qt5 based version available
upstream. And while there is some porting activity visible in upstream version
contaol, it appears that it sadly receives little development activity.

[1] https://cgit.kde.org/amarok.git/

Ciao,
--
Martin