use apt-listbugs (was: Re: Some problems with the last updates)

Am Samstag, 5. November 2016, 09:08:36 CET schrieb Valerio Passini:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> I have done the usual update to the latest packages (I'm on Sid) since I
> have seen that the last uploads fullfilled the requirement to not uninstall
> major programs of my kde installation, but I have found some issues:
> 1- sddm doesn't show any login mask if it is set to breeze theme: changing
> the theme is a workround then, but I needed to login using lightdm to do it.
> 2 - My plasma session is damaged. Don't know exactly what it's missing but
> plasmashell crashes on login leaving a black screen and the applications
> launched in the previous session (luckily konsole).
> Please, can you tell me some fixes?

One tip for such cases:

Use apt-listbugs.

In case someone reports an critical error and the report gets processed and
added to the Debian bugtracker *before* you upgrade, it will warn you and you
can have apt-listbugs pin the affected package(s).

Like this:

merkaba:/etc/apt/preferences.d> cat apt-listbugs
Explanation: Pinned by apt-listbugs at 2016-11-05 16:28:24 +0100
Explanation:   #843250: qml-module-qtquick-controls is broken and breaks
software using it
Package: qml-module-qtquick-controls
Pin: version 5.6.1-3
Pin-Priority: 30000

Furthermore apt-listbugs will remove the pinning when the bug is closed.

It saved my system from a lot of breakages already :) – and warned me this
time as well :)

Thanks,
--
Martin