Re: *arg* "Personal Contacts" (KAddressBook) empty after upgrading to 5.7

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2016, 15:53:41 CEST schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> OMG, any idea how to recover ?
> I don't even know where to look at...

My address book is still populated.

I think if

-> cat .config/akonadi_contacts_resource_0rc
[General]
IsConfigured=true

does not point to any other location, you find the contacts in ~/.local/share/
contacts directory.

Steps I´d do:

1. Check whether addressbook is activated in KAddressbook. If not, I´d
activate it again.

2. Check whether contacts resource is operational in Akonadiconsole. If not,
try to restart it from there or restart Akonadi completely.

3. Check whether ~/.local/share/contacts still contains one vcf file for each
contact.

If nothing of this helps, I´d might go that easy route, instead of trying to
diagnose further:

4. Make a backup of ~/.local/share/contacts

5. Kick old contacts resource and create a new one. Doing so should not affect
the VCFs files in ~/.local/share/contacts, but in case it does, you have a
backup.

Thanks,
--
Martin