Re: Plasma 5.7.2 in Debian?

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:49:44 PM CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2016, 18:06:14 CEST schrieb inkbottle:

> > > The current ride is a bit bumpy though. My konsole.desktop file got
> > > lost, and one (but only one) of my workstation systems keeps losing
> > > the Panel on login, which is kind of annoying. Where does plasma save
> > > panel configuration?
> >
> > I had tediously sorted scores of Okular windows into a handful of
> > different
> > activities (very convenient, you should give it a try), and this has been
> > bit by bit ground down along logins.
> > So, if someone knows where those session data are stored...
>
> I though I have seen this somewhere, but right now I do not find it in
> ~/.local, ~/.config or ~/.cache.
>
> And I think
>
> martin@merkaba:~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd> find
> .
> ./resources
> ./resources/database
> ./resources/database-wal
> ./resources/database-shm
>
> is more about what files have been accessed how often in which activities.
>
> Jup, appears so. Its an sqlite3 db that sqlite3 command can display. For
> example use ".tables" on it and then "SELECT * FROM sometable;"
>
> AFAIR the info which app opens on which activity was stored in some
> textfile.
>
> There is ~/.config/session with a file for each app (and lots of probably
> outdated files), yet I don´t see any note in there on which activity they
> appear.

I've followed your hints:
$ find ~/.kde/ ~/.local ~/.config ~/.cache -type f -iregex '.*akonadi.*
\|.*kde_application_manuals.*' -prune -o -type f -print0|xargs -0 grep -i
activit|wc -l
answers 267 on my box
many of them if not most seeming relevant.

Looking at the output, it seems all the necessary data to "put" a window into
an activity are here, through hex codes after the following pattern:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

So this line seems good:
$ find ~/.kde/ ~/.local ~/.config ~/.cache -type f -iregex '.*akonadi.*
\|.*kde_application_manuals.*' -prune -o -type f -print0|xargs -0 grep -i
activit|egrep '[[:xdigit:]]{8}-[[:xdigit:]]{4}-[[:xdigit:]]{4}-[[:xdigit:]]
{4}-[[:xdigit:]]{12}'

In contrast I previously had searched in the line of:
Google: qdbus org.kde.kglobalaccel /component/plasma_desktop invokeShortcut
"manage activities"

But this didn't help me in the task of reconstructing the lost session.
(Or at least not much at the time).

Thanks,
Chris