Re: unicode / utf-8 characters displayed incorrectly in konsole

Maximiliano Curia wrote on 30/06/16 19:09:
On Thursday, 30 June 2016 17:40:00 CEST Arthur Marsh wrote:
When I set each tab's encoding to Unicode/utf-8 characters displayed
correctly.

also the
output of:
set | egrep -a '^(LC_|LANG)'

Could be of use.

That gives me:

LANG=en_AU.UTF-8

Mmh, and that locale is being generated, right?

Using:
 grep -v '^#' /etc/locale.gen
Should tell you which locales are being generated. I would suggest to run:
 dpkg-reconfigure locales
as root, just to be sure that the locales are correctly generated.

I've done dpkg-reconfigure locales as root and

grep -v '^#' /etc/locale.gen returns:

en_AU ISO-8859-1
en_AU.UTF-8 UTF-8

About the default character encoding in konsole, when you edit a profile, in
the advanced tab you can change the encoding to use for this profile, Default
means "don't change the current value", so if you set it to latin1 and then
back to Default it stays as latin1.

Happy hacking,

OK, thanks again!

Arthur.