Re: Since last update plasma freeze

On Monday 14 March 2016 22:43:23 MERLIN Philippe wrote:

> I don't see any bug on the package xserver-xorg-core 2:1.18.2.1 except bug
> #818172 xserver- xorg-core: Definite loop with drmHandleEvent but i am not
> sure if it concern our problem.

Frankly, I haven't looked at reporting this because haven't had the time, yet.

> Congratulations, I wonder how you found the
> solution, I considered syslog and Xorg.0.log without seeing an anomaly.

I couldn't find anything in the logs either, but as we both experienced it
after a recent update, I had a look at /var/log/apt/history.log and checked
for "suspicious" packages. I tried libc6 and libc-bin first, since you
mentioned them as the only packages being updated, but downgrading them didn't
help.

The next package to try was xserver-xorg-core, since it was xorg consuming all
the cpu. And luckily it was indeed the culprit.

Best wishes
Carsten