Re: Since last update plasma freeze

Le lundi 14 mars 2016, 21:26:55 Carsten Pfeiffer a écrit :

> On Monday 14 March 2016 19:43:03 MERLIN Philippe wrote:

> > my computer is on Debian Sid Kde AMD64, since last update the

> > windows open by plasmashell remain open, the cpu increase to 90%

> > steadyly, an htop show that the cause of this increase os CPU is the

> > Xorg process .

> > i kill plasma and restart plasma and each time the message " trying to

> > show an empty dialog" appear nothing work at all.

> > i look at the last update of 13 march the library libc6 and libc-bin

> > update 2.22-2 to 2.22-3.

> Same problem here. I "fixed" it by downgrading xserver-xorg-core. The libc

> update is unrelated.

> Cheers

> Carsten

Thank you it seems its the only way.

I don't see any bug on the package xserver-xorg-core 2:1.18.2.1 except bug #818172 xserver-xorg-core: Definite loop with drmHandleEvent but i am not sure if it concern our problem.

Congratulations, I wonder how you found the solution, I considered syslog and Xorg.0.log without seeing an anomaly.

Cheers.

Philippe Merlin