Re: possible cause? Re: iceweasel locking up under KDE, fine under Xfce

Diederik de Haas wrote on 14/01/16 22:08:
On Thursday 14 January 2016 14:40:53 Arthur Marsh wrote:
This seems to narrow the problem down to package kinit (bug reported as
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=806213 ), although I
wonder what kwin_x11 has to do with things.

I'm pretty sure your issue are caused by your own compiled kernel.
And having unstable through oldstable in your sources.list doesn't help
either.

I've used a stock Debian kernel and removed oldstable packages and still seeing the same thing happening.

If I kill -9 the kwin_x11 process after a lock-up, iceweasel continues loading to completion.

If I start plasma desktop, kill kwin_x11 and then start iceweasel, iceweasel successfully loads. kwin_x11 can then be resarted alright.

Arthur.