Re: Change old kde4 font scaling/sizes after upgrade?

On Thursday 31 December 2015 01:57:30 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I finally was able to upgrade to the new kde packages in debian, and things
> are working pretty decently. Not perfect, but I can live with it :)
>
> Right now I'm having a few HiDPI related issues now that X and KDE seem to
> support it much better now. Kmail as a kde4 app has massive fonts even in
> the ui, probably due to reading in my old dpi and font sizes from the old
> kde install.
>
> Where do I find the right place to change those settings? I've searched
> around in my .kde dir a bit and didn't really find much that helped.
>
> Incidentally, I'm also having dpi issues with Chrome. People claim it works,
> but it never has for me :( even when I disable it's device scaling, it gets
> the fonts wrong (too large again).
>
> For reference, my laptop has a 1080p 15" screen for 148 dpi.

KDE4's systemsettings seems not available anymore in unstable.

IIRC there was a way to launch specific items in systemsettings, but I can't
remember how :(

--
Wiki is not WysiWyg. It's an intelligence test of sorts to be able to edit a
wiki page. It's not rocket science, but it doesn't appeal to the VideoAddicts.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/