Re: Akonadi/KDEPIM upgrade hints

On Sunday, 2015-09-20, 19:37:07, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 20. September 2015, 18:11:26 CEST schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> > On Sunday, 2015-09-20, 13:07:29, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > Am Sonntag, 20. September 2015, 12:57:45 CEST schrieb Martin
Steigerwald:

> > > BTW Akonadi 15.08 contains the binary protocol which helps to improve
> > > performance.
> >
> > That sounds like the new version of the Qt based kdepimlibs is not shipped
> > or not somehow not used by the Qt4 based kdepim.
>
> Hm?
>
> According to what I saw on debian-qt-kde-ml Maxy basically uploaded Akonadi,
> KDEPIM and kdepim-runtime stuff to unstable, yet, as far as I am aware its
> important to update it all in once.
>
> I don´t think KDEPIM 4.14 can talk to new Akonadi 15.08. Thats all I wanted
> to point out. When packages are available on Tuesday I will try to update
> to them on workstation at work, for laptop I need to stay with
> self-compiled stuff for now.

When Akonadi server switches to a new protocol, they need to update the
library to also use that protocol.
KDEPIM, i.e. the applications, just use the library. Some of all other
applications that use the Akonadi client libraries in kdepimlibs, e.g. Kraft.

Even if there is a new version of the applications from KDEPIM, not updating
the library will break all these other applications.

Cheers,
Kevin