Re: Akonadi/KDEPIM upgrade hints

Am Sonntag, 20. September 2015, 18:11:26 CEST schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Sunday, 2015-09-20, 13:07:29, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 20. September 2015, 12:57:45 CEST schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Please update to 15.08 in lockstep for kdepim and akonadi packages.
> > >
> > > If you upgrade to akonadi 15.08 before installing kdepim 15.08 your
> > > kdepim
> > > 4.14 will be inoperable. Thats the switch to Qt5 based akonadi and
> > > kdepim.
> > > Qt4 based KDEPIM cannot talk to Qt5 based Akonadi.
> >
> > BTW Akonadi 15.08 contains the binary protocol which helps to improve
> > performance.
>
> That sounds like the new version of the Qt based kdepimlibs is not shipped
> or not somehow not used by the Qt4 based kdepim.

Hm?

According to what I saw on debian-qt-kde-ml Maxy basically uploaded Akonadi,
KDEPIM and kdepim-runtime stuff to unstable, yet, as far as I am aware its
important to update it all in once.

I don´t think KDEPIM 4.14 can talk to new Akonadi 15.08. Thats all I wanted to
point out. When packages are available on Tuesday I will try to update to them
on workstation at work, for laptop I need to stay with self-compiled stuff for
now.

--
Martin