Re: qdbus commands in 64-bit jessie?

Boris Pek wrote on 09/09/2015 09:17 AM:
>> It is true. But we are being dragged down a rabbit hole, and I don't see the
>> point of arguing how various things got on my system. qdbus worked prior to
>> the upgrade, and now it doesn't, so the question remains:

>> The upgrade obviously broke something related to qdbus, but I don't understand
>> at all how to fix it.
>
> $ ls -alp `which qdbus`

[HN:~] ls -alp `which qdbus`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 19  2014 /usr/bin/qdbus -> qtchooser
[HN:~]

> $ dpkg -l | grep qtchooser

[HN:~] dpkg -l | grep qtchooser
ii  qtchooser                             47-gd2b7997-2
 i386         Wrapper to select between Qt development binary versions
[HN:~]

> $ sudo apt-get install qtchooser:amd64

[HN:~] sudo apt-get install qtchooser:amd64
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  qtchooser:i386
  qtchooser
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 22.4 kB of archives.
After this operation, 48.1 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main qtchooser amd64
47-gd2b7997-2 [22.4 kB]
Fetched 22.4 kB in 0s (119 kB/s)
dpkg: qtchooser: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you requested:
 qt4-linguist-tools depends on qtchooser.
 libqt4-dev depends on qtchooser.
 libqt4-dev-bin depends on qtchooser.
 qdbus-qt5 depends on qtchooser.
 qdbus depends on qtchooser.
 qt4-qmake depends on qtchooser.

(Reading database ... 375722 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing qtchooser (47-gd2b7997-2) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Selecting previously unselected package qtchooser.
(Reading database ... 375679 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../qtchooser_47-gd2b7997-2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking qtchooser (47-gd2b7997-2) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Setting up qtchooser (47-gd2b7997-2) ...
[HN:~]

The line about dependency problems is worrying (to me, anyway); I hope that it
won't lead to other problems.

> $ dpkg -l | grep qtchooser

[HN:~] dpkg -l | grep qtchooser
ii  qtchooser                             47-gd2b7997-2
 amd64        Wrapper to select between Qt development binary versions
[HN:~]

> $ qdbus org.kde.yakuake /yakuake/sessions runCommandInTerminal $SESSION_ID "tmux"

Worked!

Thank you *very* much.

  Doc

--