Re: Plasma past G++ transition

Am Donnerstag, 3. September 2015, 17:08:56 schrieb Thomas Fjellstrom:

> > > I'm not sure that's entirely accurate?
> >
> > The whole libstdc++6 transition is only at 29% atm, but almost all kde
> > packages are amongst that 29%.
>
> Hm, so i guess it'll be a few more weeks till it's all done? :(

For KDE Frameworks and Plasma 5?

No. Its basically done. In Sid. On amd64.

For testing my bet things should be okay in about two or three weeks lastest.

Thats said, this is just for the basic G++ ABI transition. And just for kde-
full stuff. KDE extras stuff is incomplete. Digikam needs work. Calligra too.
To my knowledge someone works on Calligra and its dependencies already.

For the KDE SC 4 to Plasma 5 transition there may be other work. Also for
upstream. As not all functionality of KDE SC 4 may be available.

But at least I think history in krunner will soon work again. As soon as
plasma-workspace 5.4 arrives in unstable I think.

> I just have a lot of kde packages held back. Basically aptitude wants to
> remove most of kde still on my system. Aptitude upgrade can't even come up
> with a solution to do /anything/. It used to sit and try for a while with
> the progress counters, but now it just gives up right away.

On testing?

Wait a bit more. Help review and close RC bugs that are related to
transitional issues so that they are not blocking important unstable packages
entering testing to make the transition complete. For that you can ask the
reporter whether issue still exists or try yourself in a sid environment in a
VM or so.

Thanks,
--
Martin