Re: Plasma past G++ transition

On Thursday 03 September 2015 17:08:56 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > The whole libstdc++6 transition is only at 29% atm, but almost all kde
> > packages are amongst that 29%.
>
> Hm, so i guess it'll be a few more weeks till it's all done? :(

Months is more likely ;-)

> I just have a lot of kde packages held back. Basically aptitude wants to
> remove most of kde still on my system. Aptitude upgrade can't even come up
> with a solution to do /anything/. It used to sit and try for a while with
> the  progress counters, but now it just gives up right away.

Are you on sid or testing? From the aptitude output you posted earlier it
looks like you're (partially) on sid.
If you are on sid, I suggest you try an 'aptitude full-upgrade -s' and let
aptitude (optionally) run through many suggestions.
Another thing you could try is to try 'aptitude safe/full-upgrade <pkgname> -
s' and try whether you could upgrade things partially.
But given the number of packages you seem to have installed you may have to
wait (quite) a while before things get in enough shape for your system.

I have fully upgraded (back) to sid yesterday and didn't loose too many
packages, but I also don't have a lot of meta-packages which may have made
things simpler in my case.