Re: Plasma past G++ transition

On 09/03/2015 09:20 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

Luc you could try install task-kde-desktop or install
kde-plasma-desktop, thats in testing.  In Sid, bits are still broken
like not being able to install Gimp and/or you can't do a dist-upgrade
but you can do an aptitude safe-upgrade and that is what I recommend for
both testing and unstable.

Yes you can. Well at least I could.

Calligra (including Krita) and Digikam are not there yet. Amarok, KMyMoney,
kde-full all there and working.

Be prepared that you may have to do the dist-upgrade in several steps, and
possibly partly from a tty, cause I had to.

Martin you do know that 'aptitude safe-upgrade' adds and removes packages as needed, don't you?

If you are not comfortable with this, wait and install some lxde or other
desktop for the time being. If you can.

Been using Debian for more than 20 yrs. I've seen many systems break and I fix them all, yes, I'm comfortable, thanks to Debian and my study of package management.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Wheezy - KDE 4.8.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda1
Registered Linux User #380263