Re: Sqlite akonadi transaction mode fix

Hey,

> So we should think about getting that patch to debian. It would be nice if
> you create a debian bugreport against akonadi-backend-sqlite.
 this one can interpet as serious/grave bug against this package, cause it
makes the package more or less not working, so this one can make its way into
jessie.

> What do you think about the database performance fixes in akonadi-server
> that I mentioned? They really make a huge difference regarding MySQL load
> on my machine.

Well the question is if the proformance problems are would reflect in a RC bug
in debian. Other than that it is hard to get the patches into jessie.

> I tested them for quite some time.

that is good.

> Maybe would make sense ot ask for a point release like 1.13.1 on kde-pim
> mailing list? It would be easier for Debian Qt/KDE team to pick that point
> release.

jessie is in freeze - so no new version will end up in jessie. Every patch
that is not a fix of a RC bug must be approved by the release team. And the
smaller the patch is the easier it is for all to understand.

So the plan to get this into jessie ( and I would like to see it :)
* The kde-qt team must be okay with the patch and would like to see this patch
included, too.
* A package with the (minimal) patches included.
* There must must a bug report about this issue
* an unblock request to release team:
https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

So if you have time to ask for ack from the team and help with gettings this
done - go on! But maybe it is better to discuss these things in IRC #debian-
kde-qt together with others.

Keep in mind, that all have much to do, so don't be disappointed if i won't
work at the end, but it's worth trying it.

Regads,

sandro

PS: I'm not a DD nor part of KDE/QT team, so all my writing is not official
statement to anything and are only my thoughts of this topic.