Sqlite akonadi transaction mode fix

I use KdePIM and thus akonadi with SqLite.  I am running unstable and am
up to date with fixes.

Looking in the KDE bug database I found:-

http://osdir.com/ml/kde-commits/2014-07/msg02228.html

which seems to address the repeated dialog boxes I get while filters run on
my mailboxes, and the log messages of which:-

DATABASE ERROR:
  Error code: 6
  DB error:  "database is deadlocked"
  Error text: "database is deadlocked Unable to fetch row"
  Query: "UPDATE PimItemTable SET atime = ? WHERE ( ( PimItemTable.id = ? ) )"

is an example.  All the errors I get currently are deadlock errors.

I don't think this fix is in the current build, and I realise that Debian is
getting ready for a new release and thus it is unlikely that this fix will be
able to be slotted in any time soon.  Can I simply get the source, add this
one patch and rebuild, or is it more complicated.  Also which package(s) would
I have to rebuild?  Is it just akonadi-backend-sqlite?

David