Re: Sqlite akonadi transaction mode fix

On Thursday 22 January 2015 12:21:29 Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> as martin already mentiond: SQLite is really not the preferend database
> backend. I played around with it for some time and it triggers randomly
> Database Errors. The base problem, is that sqlite only allows one writing
> thread, that's why you get deadlocks with sqlite.
The only errors I am getting are the deadlocks, and this patch at least
purports to fix them.  Hence my interest in using it.  The patch looks
logical and simple.

> I'm glad if I can assits you fixing the sqlite issues. I'm a upstream
> developer, too. If there are any questions, just ask.
>
> IMO sqlite really do not fit for akonadi, so i would recommend to switch to
> mysql or postgres.
Well I have been using sqlite for as long as I have been using akonadi
as I do not like MySql and do not want it on my machine, and postgresql
can not run as an embedded DB.  But I realise that this is my choice.

In all other respects other than these deadlocks sqlite is now working
just fine.  There used to to be many other problems but the deadlock
is the only one I hit now.

The only thing I can not do, and actually a Postgresql user can not do
either, is to do a KdePIM backup, it is hard coded to use use MySql, whatever
DB is selected.

David