Re: Possible akonadi problem?

Hi Brad,

> > * what versions have you installed
>
> The akonadi-server, libakonadiprotocolinternals1 and backends are 1.13.0-2.
> Most of the other tools, such as libakonadi-*, kmail, kontact, and
> libkontactinterface4a  are at 4:4.14.2-2.

To sum this up - all sources are uptodate:
akonadi - 1.13.0-2
(akonadi-server, libakonadiprotocolinternals1,...)
kdepimlibs - 4:4.14.2-2
(libakonadi*, libkcalcore,...)
kdepim - 4:4.14.2-2
(kmail,kontanct,...)
kdepim-runtime - 4:4.14.2-2
(resources)

> Not sure how to answer this one. My main concern is getting mail from the
> imap server. I have a number of filters set up to move mail to different
> folders.

>From the paste you are using an imap resource:
akonadi_imap_resource_0

The log shows a problem with a stuck of two requests:
posting retrieval request for item 271700  there are  1  queues and  0  items
in mine
request for item 271700 still pending - waiting

and
posting retrieval request for item 271544  there are  1  queues and  0  items
in mine
request for item 271544 still pending - waiting

also very strange is that is always that Wants: 9

> request for item 271396 "2040490" failed: "Unable to retrieve item from
> resource: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
> application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked
> the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was
> broken."

That does not sounds good.

My first summary is that there are one or more failing jobs in queue that
fails unexcepected and because akonadi do not remove jobs they are executed
everytime.

> * futher we can dig deeper with akonadiconsole

open akonadiconsole and go to the tab "agents", right click at the imap
resource and select "show task list". This should be empty if the resource is
synced with the server.

"Debugger" tab:
To see the communication akonadi <-> resource/client
Therefore go to the tab "Debugger" and enable the debugger (checkbox). Please
keep in mind, that this slows down akonadi. so uncheck it afterwards. Than
wait till something breaks. Than look for a tab inside the debugger that is
called "akonadi_imap_resource_0", there you find the communication of the
resource. "kontact-<ID>" for the communication (akonadi <-> kontact) and so
on.

"Job Tacker" tab:
overview what jobs are handled from akonadi.
Therefore go to the tab "Job Tacker" and enable the job tacker (checkbox).
You see a tree of clients/resources with there jobs. Look for failing jobs
and/or not terminating jobs.

Regards,

sandro