Re: iceweasel locking up under KDE, fine under Xfce

Jimmy Johnson wrote on 15/12/15 07:49:
On 12/14/2015 10:16 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 12/12/2015 11:52 PM, Luc Castermans wrote:
Yes you are right it should have nothing to do with the driver you have
installed, but since testing plasma it has so far been the case, there
is a big difference if you have the 'Nouveau' or 'Nvidia' driver
installed with the Nouveau driver SDDM dose not lose focus and I do not
have to click in the box to enter my password, this I have tested on 2
Stretch and my other Sid system and loosing mouse focus has not been a
problem with SDDM, I have 4 upstream plasma systems. Currently I'm going
to keep the Nvidia Driver installed on the one Sid system because
outside of loosing focus on SDDM it other wise seems to be working, but
I need to spend more time with it.

I'm already back to using the nouveau driver..The Nvidia driver or the
Debian Nvidia driver do not work with the new kernel, on the plus side
SDDM is now working and not loosing focus.  Plasma still crashes for no
apparent reason.

I'm again seeing the problem after the libxml2 and gtk2 updates to unstable: iceweasel locks up when started from kdeinit (the start menu), but starts fine from a konsole window inside kde.

The problem occurs at a time when numerous iceweasel windows are coming up.

Still using vdpau and Radeon 3200HD with Linus' git head kernel.

Arthur.