Re: Cryptography: Key not selectable (PGP key)

Hi,

> Since a few weeks I can't select my PGP key for signing / encryption (thus
> signing and encryption do not work any more).

strange - but without any version infomation nobody can help here. I think the
problem is that you only have gnupg2 installed and got an update.

The second thing we need to know, what kind of key you are using (hopenpgp-
tools):
hkt export-pubkeys '<fingerprint>' | hokey lint

And please check first if the keys are still usable in the commandline with gpg
and gpg2 etc. before blaming kmail...

Nether the less it sound like the issue i found with my old DSA key:
#806531: gnupg2: old DSA 1024 key is not useable

> I see the same problem with kmail 4:4.14.10-2/kgpg 4:15.08.3-1 on a Debian
> unstable system. kmail 4:15.08.3-1 from experimental is not installable
> (probably because of the future akonadi and kdepimlibs transitions).

Kgpg is a complete unrelated application. kgpg is only a frontend for gnupg
and kmail using gpgme directly. So you don't need to install any other
application than kmail to use crypto support.

btw. kmail is installable from experimental ( and I'm running exactly this
version for three weeks now). But you need to update akonadi from experimental
and also need to deinstall some applications ( f.ex. kopete) and libs by hand.
So yes not ready for unstable, but usable for expierinced users :D
And so far I'm really happy about how stable and fast it is.

Regards,

sandro