Re: Upgrade warning: KDE/Plasma 5 stuff broken

Hi Brad,

On Tuesday 01 September 2015 08:51:17 Brad Alexander wrote:

> So are you saying to let it uninstall all of that stuff? This is my wife's

> machine, so I really can't afford to have KDE broken on it. My machine is

> running pc-bsd and is quite happy.

No, no, no,no... apt would have uninstalled all those packages - until yesterday. Then the situation got way better (from a package-removal-upgrade perspective ;-) ), so I decided to give it a try.

akonadiconsole, for example, was *not* removed during the dist-upgrade. But I think this only worked, because I still have some packages installed from experimental...

Andy

BTW: running sid is already quite a risk during such transformations - but running it your wife's machine is more than brave ;-)