Re: can't unstall kde on unstable

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 19. August 2015, 17:15:38 schrieb Yasir Assam:
> I can't install the package kde-standard on unstable.

kde is broken on unstable because of gcc5 transition and will be for a
while. One way to get it back working is to downgrade to a snapshot
before the transition progress:

add

deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20150731T094226Z/ \
unstable main contrib non-free

to your /etc/apt/sources.list (this snapshot worked fine for me)
Update and make sure apt won't bother old packages:

sudo apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false update

add a file tou your /etc/apt/preferences.d folder containing

Package: *
Pin: origin "snapshot.debian.org"
Pin-Priority: 1001

then install kde-standard, or dist-upgrade to downgrade the whole
system, which i did to get back to a overall working system before
upgrading to current stuff where needed.

HTH
--
Gruß,Frank