Re: Install on stretch : feedback

On 4 August 2015 at 17:24, Michal BULIK wrote:
Hi Sami,

Kdeconnect in Debian is only for KDE4 and doesn't work with Plasma5/KF5. There is a git tree (https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-kde/kde-extras/kdeconnect-plasma.git/) for Plasma 5 but that hasn't been uploaded to Debian yet.

I'm building Kdeconnect directly from the KDE git tree (http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdeconnect-kde.git) and it's working on my Debian Plasma 5.
Can you share with us how you install it. I've compiled it with cmake, make
& make install but I get the message "Process org.kde.kdeconnect received signal 6"

Thanks,
Michal

Hi,

Check that you have KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS:BOOL=ON in CMakeCache.txt.

Without it the 'make install' will install Kdeconnect to wrong directory (/usr/lib/[arch]/ instead of /usr/lib/[arch]/qt5/). You might want to 'make uninstall' before that change to uninstall the files from the wrong directory