Re: Systray: barely visible, monochrome icons
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Systray: barely visible, monochrome icons
- From: Michael Schuerig <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 23:00:37 +0200
- Message-id: <1871198.DLZNMBboAf@fuchsia>
- In-reply-to: <1544809.Cpd8sGcuVu@merkaba>
- References: <2398889.RZjWVoeDYz@fuchsia> <1544809.Cpd8sGcuVu@merkaba>
On Sunday 12 April 2015 22:18:24 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2015, 10:54:57 schrieb Michael Schuerig:
> > Most KDE icons in my systray are barely visible monochrome outline
> > variants. In contrast to that, icons for Chromium and Skype are full
> > color. These icons are nothing new, I think they've been like that
> > on my system for most of KDE 4.
> > I figured that some keen-eyed KDE developers must have liked the
> > look, but maybe it's just a misconfiguration on my computer. So if
> > it is my own mistake, what do I need to do to get fully colored,
> > nicely usable systray icons?
> I have no idea. I think by changing icon theme.
> The new monochrome ones are default for systray status icons and I
> think will also be default for toolbars in Plasma 5. This is a
> upstream design decision.
I see, thanks. At least I know now that it's not an error, just an
inscrutable design decision.