Unsubscirbe

-----Original Message-----
From: D. R. Evans [mailto:doc.evans@gmail.com]
Sent: 2014年11月18日 7:37
To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Q: How to correct monitor resolution?

Shai Berger wrote on 11/17/2014 02:19 PM:

>> Additional information that might be useful:
>>
>> The Xorg.0.log file can be perused at:
>>   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18494055/Xorg.0.log
>>
> Additional information that would probably be useful is the Xorg.log
> from wheezy.

I expect that you mean the Xorg log from the old wheezy system (since both the old and the new are wheezy).

I have put that file here:
  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18494055/Xorg.0.log.old-system

> Personally, my first suspicion would be towards drivers -- do you have
> proprietary drivers on wheezy? The current log includes several error
> messages about modules failing to load, so that's another likely place to look.

The driver is the one that came with the motherboard, and it identifies itself as ASPEED 08.00.0. The documentation says that wheezy 7.7 is "supported", but I suppose that that doesn't necessarily mean that it will support all resolutions.

The only failure I saw was:
>  [10.610] (EE) Failed to load module "ast" (module does not exist, 0)
and I have no idea what that error message means (or, more importantly, whether it needs to be fixed or how to do so).

> Finally, the log does show the monitor as reporting 1920x1200 (mode:
> 129); but

Well, I'm glad that at least the monitor is doing the right thing.

> if I understand it correctly, the log also reports only 32M of
> graphics-card memory, which is extremely small these days -- and may
> explain why that mode is not considered applicable.

1920x1200 x 32 (bpp) ~ 10 MB; so 32MB of memory should be ample, shouldn't it?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR