Re: KDE Partition Manager

On 2014-08-18, Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.adsl24.co.uk> wrote:
> [resent - original on 17/08/2014 did not appear]
>
> Is KDE Partition Manager [1] still a maintained package ?

Kind of not, kind of.

the most active person of the past, george, is not active any longer.
I have talked with someone considering taking it over, but I'm not sure
what the state of it is.  I'm sure you are more than welcome to join in.

> (There's a Debian bug #754580 [9] requesting the maintainer to package
> "upstream version 1.1.0", but (a) I haven't found any reference to such a
> version anywhere else,  (b) the kde.org page for the package [7] has a
> screenshot showing version 1.0.5, (c) it also states that the package homepage
> is at Sourceforge [8], but the Sourceforge page offers only version 1.0.0beta
> [!] and states that the main developer has died and the package moved to
> kde.org as of January 2014 ..... "curious", said Alice)

It is correct that Volker Lanz has died.

It is also correct that Andrius Stikonas has taken up the torch (pun
intended) upstream and released a 1.1.0 version.

https://stikonas.eu/wordpress/?p=8

But feel free to get in touch with me or others if you want to
contribute to the packaging in debian.

/Sune