Re: Two Graphics Cards, Wayland, and KDE?

I'm not sure about Wayland (I'm actually interested in the answer to this myself). However, xserver 1.14 introduced xrandr 1.4 which allows you to use multiple GPUs for a single desktop.  This replaces Xinerama which has long been deprecated.  I am currently using it to run 3 monitors through 2 GPUs.

To use it I run the command 'xrandr --setprovideroutputsource 1 0' (you may need to flip the 1 and 0) after login.  After that I am able to enable the extra monitor in the KDE display manager.   This may only work if you are using the open source drivers since I'm not sure NVidia has added support to the propiatary drovers for xrandr 1.4.