Re: Window decorations/qt theme resets to some default after a while of being logged in

I ran into something similar but it sounds a little different from your issue.

But for me, it was consistent - apps using Qt5 ran with a different style from my Qt4 apps.  If this is what you are experiencing, double-check that you don't have a ~/.kde4 directory and all your kde settings are in ~/.kde. Qt5 apps don't look in the right place for style settings if you have a .kde4 directory with nothing much in it (bug should be fixed soon).

Also, I cleaned out some old .gtk-qt-rc files that seemed to be causing problems with some of my apps.