Re: KDE cleanup

On Thursday 13 March 2014 07:45:24 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2014-03-13, Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > --089e014939747019b304f472eab1
> >
> > I noticed that there are a variety of kde packages installed on my system.
> > There are mostly 4.11.[3-7] packages, but I see some much, much older
> > packages, including
> >
> > libkworkspace4                        4:4.7.4-2+b1
> > libkworkspace4abi1                    4:4.8.4-6
> > libkdegames5a                         4:4.8.4-3
> > libkdecorations4                      4:4.8.4-6
> >
> > and so forth. Could and/or should packages like that be removed? And is
> > there a clean way of doing it without breaking the interface? Or should I
> > let it ride?
>
> apt's autoremove feature should help you keeping your system clean.
> Alternatively deborphan can help.

That would be:

apt-get autoremove

I don't know if aptitude has it too. But with aptitude you can also check
which packages are not stored anymore in any of the currently used apt repos
with ~o. Warning: if you have installed packages by hand, like skype, it will
be presented as such.

aptitude search ~o
aptitude purge ~o

--
11: En Word, como se hace para pasar al proximo renglon si se alcanzo
el extramo derecho de la hoja.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/