Re: How to enable NTP?

Estelmann, Christian said the following at 03/22/2014 12:08 PM :

>> maybe those are mapped to the above list? I don't understand why only two of
>> them seem to have valid names, though (4.53.160.75 and 1.empty.pw). I can ping
>> those two machines just fine.
> Do you have ntp-server in your own network? Then use this server.

Yes, I did this a couple of hours ago and as soon as I pointed it to my own
server, it started to work just fine.

I am baffled as to why it wasn't working before, though. At the very least it
seems that there should have been some sort of error message somewhere. (While
I was investigating this today, I noticed that there wasn't even a drift file.)

The clock has probably been getting progressively further out of sync ever
since I installed wheezy on this machine, several months ago; I only just
noticed that it was disagreeing with my watch by two minutes, and I knew that
my watch couldn't be in error by that much. It could have gone on for months
more, though, if I hadn't happened to have noticed that. I'm very surprised
that this sort of failure is silent.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR