Re: How to clean up Kontact calendar mess?

Martin Steigerwald said the following at 01/07/2014 03:09 PM :

>> So I think I can start afresh. BUT, how do I now add a calendar? I can't
>> find any way to do so from Kontact any more. And if I add a calendar from
>> akonadiconsole, it doesn't show up in Kontact.
>
> Should show up in Kontact.
>
> Anyway go on the area where usually calenders are displayed in Korganizer /
> Kontact and right click there to get to context menus. Should give same
> dialogs as in Akonadiconsole tough.

Yes, that's the behaviour I expected. But, unfortunately, it's not what's
happening. I can't find anywhere on the Kontact calendar screen that I can now
right-click and create a menu that allows me to add a calendar. And
(bizarrely, from a human-interface point of view), there doesn't seem to be
any menu item for creating new calendars. At least, if there is such an item,
I haven't been able to find it.

So Kontact doesn't seem to know about any calendars and is currently
displaying just an en empty calendar on the screen. This despite my having
explicitly added a calendar agent with akonadiconsole. akonadiconsole lists
the agent (akonadi_ical_resource_6) and marks it as "Ready", but Kontact seems
to be oblivious to its existence and availability :-(

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR