Re: Kopete upgrade loses OTR?

Hi,

Alle venerdì 14 giugno 2013, Brad Alexander ha scritto:
> I just upgraded both my laptop and my desktop this week, and kopete
> was upgraded from 4:4.8.4-1+b1 to 4:4.8.4-2:
>
> ii  kopete                                4:4.8.4-2
> amd64        instant messaging and chat application
> ii  libkopete4                            4:4.8.4-2
> amd64        main Kopete library
>
> In 4.8.4-1+b1, off the record messaging worked. With 4.8.4-2, it is
> missing. And the otr packages installed on both machines are
>
> ii  libotr2                               3.2.1-1
> amd64        Off-the-Record Messaging library
> ii  libotr5                               4.0.0-2.2
> amd64        Off-the-Record Messaging library
>
> yet, there is no otr in the plugins list, nor, I notice, is there an
> openpgp plugin. Have these protocols been deprecated, or is there
> some step or package that I am missing?

As also written in changelog[1], the OTR plugin of kopete does not
compile with libotr 4.x (and the old libotr is planned to away soon),
and even upstream there are no fixes for that.
Considering the API changed a lot, porting it was not an option since it
required an amount of work.

I'm not sure what you refer wrt an "opnepgp plugin".

[1] /usr/share/doc/kopete/changelog.Debian.gz

--
Pino Toscano