Re: Kmail encryption issues

> Problem 2: Signed, encrypted emails sent with kmail that I have been
> exchanging with a friend all fail to provide a good signature. Since the
> email is encrypted, I it has to be a problem prior to encryption and
> transmission.

Are you using PGP or S/MIME? If you are using PGP(/MIME):

Thunderbird and KMail2 do not agree on what constitutes a valid PGP/MIME
message, in particular how to turn them into strings which are then passed to
GnuPG. It works for me - i.e. Thunderbird accepts my KMail2 signatures - if

1) I do not include an email text signature - the thing below which starts
with "--" and
2) if I include at most one attachment.

Cheers,
Martin