Kmail encryption issues

I am wondering if there is a problem with kmail and encryption. I am running two instances of kmail, one on my sid laptop (work), and one on my home machine (sid). Both are running 4:4.10.5-2. I launch both through kontact. I wanted to bounce this off of the list before opening a bug

Problem 1: I got an email certificate on the work machine. When I gried to import it into kmail, every time, it fails to decrypt the certificate. I was able to import it into iceweasel with no problems using the exact same passphrase. I'm not sure if it is kleopatra or kmail itself.

Problem 2: Signed, encrypted emails sent with kmail that I have been exchanging with a friend all fail to provide a good signature. Since the email is encrypted, I it has to be a problem prior to encryption and transmission.

Bug 524759 provides a workaround, to symlink /usr/bin/gpg2 to /usr/bin/gpg. I tried this, but both problems persist. I have not yet tracked down possible bugs in kleopatra, kgpg or any other packages, and am hoping someone might have some more insight into this issue, and have a good workaround.

Thanks,
--b