Re: Kopete upgrade loses OTR?

Am Freitag, 14. Juni 2013, 08:54:10 schrieb Brad Alexander:
> I just upgraded both my laptop and my desktop this week, and kopete was
> upgraded from 4:4.8.4-1+b1 to 4:4.8.4-2:
>
> ii  kopete                                4:4.8.4-2
> amd64        instant messaging and chat application
> ii  libkopete4                            4:4.8.4-2
> amd64        main Kopete library
>
> In 4.8.4-1+b1, off the record messaging worked. With 4.8.4-2, it is
> missing. And the otr packages installed on both machines are
>
> ii  libotr2                               3.2.1-1
> amd64        Off-the-Record Messaging library
> ii  libotr5                               4.0.0-2.2
> amd64        Off-the-Record Messaging library
>
> yet, there is no otr in the plugins list, nor, I notice, is there an
> openpgp plugin. Have these protocols been deprecated, or is there some step
> or package that I am missing?
>
> Thanks,
> --b

Changelog says:
* Stop building with OTR support, since the kopete plugin does not support
    libotr >= 4.x: (Closes: #711073)
    - drop the libotr2-dev build dependency
    - remove the kopete_otr files from kopete.install

http://ftp-master.metadata.debian.org/changelogs//main/k/kdenetwork/kdenetwork_4.8.4-2_changelog

So, it seems like OTR support is gone. Maybe changing to Telepathy is an option for you?