Re: KDE 4.10

On Monday 15 April 2013 18:16:58 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Monday 15 April 2013 16:25:28 Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > It also turns out that I had to list every single package (and remove
> > kdemultimedia) to get everything upgraded to 4.10
>
> The best trick I found thus far is:
> aptitude full-upgrade '?tag(suite::kde)' -t experimental
> and then take aptitude's 2nd suggestion.
> You need the 'debtags' package for that command to work though.
>
> Note however that my system is currently a rather weird mix of (kde-)
> packages though, with some from testing/sid, some from
> experimental-snapshots and quite a few from experimental. (So I don't
> expect anyone to fix it but me)
>
> But the upgrade procedure is now rather tricky none the less, unlike the
> upgrade to the package from experimental-snapshots, since that repo only
> contains packages from kde, so "aptitude -t experimental-snapshots
> full-upgrade" works rather nicely. But when you replace
> experimental-snapshots with experimental, it'll 'upgrade' every package
> which is available in experimental, probably not what you'd want.
>
> So, I'm rather interested in ways ppl have managed to upgrade to KDE 4.10.

I have another one to add. Tough I think your aptitude mantra is more
elegant.

I found I didn´t have all of KDE 4.10 yet and I managed to upgrade by

apt-get install -t experimental $( apt-cache depends kdeedu | awk '{ print$4
}' )

the same for kdegraphics, kdegames, kdemultimedia, kdeutils, kdetoys.

I am sure there is a more efficient way with aptitude until meta packages are
upgraded.

I found meta packages to upgrade by dpkg -l | grep 4.8.4 | grep -v lib and
apt-cache rdepends some package the former listed.

Reason for this: Much KDE stuff was still 4.8.4 which is in unstable, partly
maybe due to KDE SC 4.9.x from experimental-snapshots wasn´t complete, at
least not initially as I installed it. And apt-get dist-upgrade didn´t
upgrade automatically from unstable to experimental, just from experimental-
snapshots to experimental due to my pinning setup, and I do not really feel
like apt-get -t experimental dist-upgrade :) (that would be a reason for
qt-kde.debian.net :).

kdesdk fails:

merkaba:~> LANG=C apt-get install -t experimental $( apt-cache depends
kdesdk | awk '{ print$4 }' )
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
cervisia is already the newest version.
kapptemplate is already the newest version.
kcachegrind is already the newest version.
kdesdk-dolphin-plugins is already the newest version.
kdesdk-kio-plugins is already the newest version.
kdesdk-misc is already the newest version.
kdesdk-scripts is already the newest version.
kdesdk-strigi-plugins is already the newest version.
kmtrace is already the newest version.
kompare is already the newest version.
kpartloader is already the newest version.
kuiviewer is already the newest version.
lokalize is already the newest version.
okteta is already the newest version.
poxml is already the newest version.
umbrello is already the newest version.
kate is already the newest version.
kate set to manually installed.
or been moved out of Incoming.

 kdesvn-kio-plugins : Conflicts: kdesdk-kio-plugins (>= 4:4.0.0) but
4:4.8.4+dfsg-1 is to be installed

merkaba:~> rmadison kdesdk-kio-plugins | cut -c1-70
 kdesdk-kio-plugins | 4:4.4.5-1      | squeeze | amd64, armel, i386, i
 kdesdk-kio-plugins | 4:4.8.4+dfsg-1 | wheezy  | amd64, armel, armhf,
 kdesdk-kio-plugins | 4:4.8.4+dfsg-1 | sid     | amd64, armel, armhf,

amd64 here.

Ciao,