Re: KDE 4.10

On Monday 15 April 2013 16:25:28 Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> It also turns out that I had to list every single package (and remove
> kdemultimedia) to get everything upgraded to 4.10

The best trick I found thus far is:
aptitude full-upgrade '?tag(suite::kde)' -t experimental
and then take aptitude's 2nd suggestion.
You need the 'debtags' package for that command to work though.

Note however that my system is currently a rather weird mix of (kde-) packages
though, with some from testing/sid, some from experimental-snapshots and quite a
few from experimental. (So I don't expect anyone to fix it but me)

But the upgrade procedure is now rather tricky none the less, unlike the upgrade
to the package from experimental-snapshots, since that repo only contains
packages from kde, so "aptitude -t experimental-snapshots full-upgrade" works
rather nicely. But when you replace experimental-snapshots with experimental,
it'll 'upgrade' every package which is available in experimental, probably not
what you'd want.

So, I'm rather interested in ways ppl have managed to upgrade to KDE 4.10.

Cheers,
  Diederik