KDE 4.10

Hi,

I was trying to build KDE 4.10 packages (4.9.95 version) for wheezy and
had some question about how shared libraries are supposed to be
versioned in Debian. And was thinking you'll eventually face this
package so it's not a waste of your time to talk about it now. If
you want I can try to find a place to post the packaging code.

By default nepomuk-core builds several libraries but only one has a so
version.

The libraries are:

usr/lib/libnepomukcore.so.4.10.0
usr/lib/libnepomukcommon.so
usr/lib/libkdeinit4_nepomukserver.so

usr/lib/kde4/nepomukfilewatch.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukexiv2extractor.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukpopplerextractor.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukplaintextextractor.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomuktaglibextractor.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukffmpegextractor.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukstorage.so
usr/lib/kde4/nepomukfileindexer.so

It looks like nepomukcore.so.4.10 is the only library that is directly
linked by other libraries from other packages. (e.g. libakonadi-contact,
libakregatorinterfaces, libcalendarsupport, ...)

libkdeinit4_nepomukserver seems to dynamically load the kde4/nepomuk*
libraries. The file names don't show up in ldd's output but do show up
if I grep the library.

libnepomukcommon is linked to by a few of the kde4/ plugins:
nepomukfileindexer, nepomukfilewatcher, and nepomukstorage but doesn't
seem to be used anywhere else.

So, in a proper debian package would the libraries all get so version,
be placed into a subdirectory like /usr/lib/nepomuk-core-4.10, or
something else I don't understand?

And I think since, the soversion is 4.10 the library package name should
end in 4? E.g. nepomuk-core4_4.9.95?

Is there any common way of sharing super-experimental packages amongst
Debian users? (Like ubuntu's PPAs?)

Diane