Re: KDE 4.10

Alle mercoledì 2 gennaio 2013, Diane Trout ha scritto:
> By default nepomuk-core builds several libraries but only one has a
> so version.
>
> The libraries are:
>
> usr/lib/libnepomukcore.so.4.10.0
> usr/lib/libnepomukcommon.so

... just these. nepomukcore is a real public shared library, while
nepomukcommon would seem just a shared library used internally by other
components of nepomuk-core.

> usr/lib/libkdeinit4_nepomukserver.so

This is a kdeinit "service"; assume it is like a plugin of it, to
speedup launching of the service.

> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukfilewatch.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukexiv2extractor.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukpopplerextractor.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukplaintextextractor.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomuktaglibextractor.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukffmpegextractor.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukstorage.so
> usr/lib/kde4/nepomukfileindexer.so

These are all plugins, loaded dynamically at runtime when needed; most
probably there are .desktop files matching them in
/usr/share/kde4/services.

> So, in a proper debian package would the libraries all get so
> version, be placed into a subdirectory like
> /usr/lib/nepomuk-core-4.10, or something else I don't understand?

No, only nepomukcore would get its on package, and the rest most
probably in a runtime package. Note that I'm a bit speculating here,
given I don't know much of the nepomuk's internals, but what I said
sounds like a good guess.

--
Pino Toscano