Re: KDEPIM & Cal-/Card-DAV

Am Mittwoch, 28. November 2012 schrieb Julian:
> On 28/11/12 03:12, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> >> Is this a different version than the one in Unstable?
> >> Because the one in Unstable does not show that kind of behavior.
> >>
> >> Here it is one the few applications that run at all times (I start
> >> it one of the first things when logging in and never quit it until
> >> I log out) and this laptop often sees uptimes of 60 days and more.
> >>
> >> I do run it as a component within Kontact, but I would be surprised
> >> if this is the important difference.
> >>
> >> The version reported here is 1.13.7
> >
> > +1.
> >
> > KMail runs for days without being restarted here. POP3 accounts, more
> > than one million mails.
> >
> > Only thing is that sometimes it is stuck on sending an outgoing mail.
> > I found this to be related with nepomuk and I think I even mentioned
> > it on kdepim oder kdepim-users in some thread. AFAIR I can unstuck
> > it by stopping a certain nepomuk related process.
> >
> > I did not see this on my workstation at work I think and on the work
> > user on this laptop. IMAP with both.
>
> The problems I experienced was:
> 1) Kmail/akonadi in a X Terminal environment.

What do you refer to by X Terminal enviroment? I use KMail on laptop or
dedicated workstation. But I don´t know how a Thin Client environment
should be making much of a difference.

> 2) Rather large #PUBLIC imap hierarchies

That KMail at work was working with shared folders if thats what you
meant.

> This is running squeeze.  Had no problems with lenny (kde3.5).
> If the stability of wheezy > squeeze when it comes to KDE then
> thats great.

I still suggest to you to try it. Bugs can still be fixed, although some
may not be fixed if they are just "little annoyances".

> Still curious as to why kmail/kdepim are still stuck at 4.4.x.

Please look up the archives. Some Debian Qt/KDE developers provided their
reasoning for all of this. Unless they changed their mind I think there is
no need to repeat the explaination. And I´d rather see them spend their
limited time working on Wheezy and possibly KDEPIM 2 test packages than
arguing about their decision on this list.