Re: KDEPIM & Cal-/Card-DAV

Am Montag, 26. November 2012 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Monday, 2012-11-26, David Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM, chymian <chymian@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > at the moment I'm tied to icedove/thunderbird which is another sad
> > > story.
> > >
> > > tia
> > > günter
> >
> > Yes,  I agree the state of KMAIL in Wheezy is really bad.. It's
> > *VERY* easy to make it crash 10-15 times an hour with normal
> > operation of the program.  I've also resorted to just removing it
> > and running ice dove which is easily 1000x better in features and
> > never crashes.
>
> Is this a different version than the one in Unstable?
> Because the one in Unstable does not show that kind of behavior.
>
> Here it is one the few applications that run at all times (I start it
> one of the first things when logging in and never quit it until I log
> out) and this laptop often sees uptimes of 60 days and more.
>
> I do run it as a component within Kontact, but I would be surprised if
> this is the important difference.
>
> The version reported here is 1.13.7

+1.

KMail runs for days without being restarted here. POP3 accounts, more than
one million mails.

Only thing is that sometimes it is stuck on sending an outgoing mail. I
found this to be related with nepomuk and I think I even mentioned it on
kdepim oder kdepim-users in some thread. AFAIR I can unstuck it by
stopping a certain nepomuk related process.

I did not see this on my workstation at work I think and on the work user
on this laptop. IMAP with both.