Re: plasma desktop hangs

Hi again,

it seems to be, as kevin wrote:

> Maybe it is a certain applet that triggers this behavior, e.g. something

> that gets data from a web service?

I found the following appear every 5 min in my .xsession-errors

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

Failed to get chart. <urlopen error timed out>Updating...

which could come from my SOHO-plasmoids.

and is EXACT the time, when the desktop freezes for 3 minutes.

BUT: the point here:

>> plasma should definitly NOT freeze on a lost network connection.

or even, if a plasmoid can't update it's content!

> I've never had any problem with dropping network connections, neither WLAN

> nor mobile broadband (where this happens a lot more often, e.g. when on a

> train).

so, what's the difference?

mine freezes every 5 min because of a couple of plasmoids cannot update it's self, even when I have a network-connection.

aka. on a web-server-pbl. they connect to?

> Cheers,

> Kevin

cheers

günter