Re: Good music player suggestion

On 11/05/12 19:49, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> since I can't use my favourite player MPD (doesn't play well with other
> audio sources), Juk can't play HTTP streams, and Amarok crashes
> whenever I try to open a HTTP stream, I am left without a usable audio
> player on my laptop.
>
> What are everyone's favourite players? I'd prefer something simpler
> than amarok, I do not need the whole media center app
> bullshit with lyrics, cd covers or social integration bells and
> whistles that seems to be so popular nowadays - just something that
> plays audio files and streams.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andrej

My personal choice is Amarok - because of all the bells and whistles
(I've got a large music collection). Lighter again is the mighty
Kaffeine, but based on your requirements I'd have to agree with Petar -
VLC does what you require, nice and simple, no extra components
required. Just don't pull it from debian-multimedia.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-