Re: desktop effects suspended with latest nvidia packages

On Thursday 26 April 2012 01:59:35 Bruce Sass wrote:
> > I'm using the Air theme with the OpenGL Compositing type with nvidia
> > latest drivers and I'm not having any issues.
>
> That is the Desktop theme, ya... which Window Decorations theme are you
> using  and which video card?
> I have a GeForce Go 6100. So far I've tried Air and Oxygen on the Desktop,
> with B II and Oxygen (the light one, not the one labelled "by Sean
> Wilson")  for Window Decorations. I have not tried creating a fresh
> account, yet.

My Window Decorations theme is Oxygen (I only have 1 Oxygen Window Decoration theme) and I'm using a
GoForce GT 430 video card.
I have not tried another theme, since I'm content with my current settings (and it is working).

> If we can pin this down wrt card, themes, or configs we may be able to
> determine if a bug report is warranted and who should get it. A report at
> this  time would amount to a fairly useless, `it don't work', IMO.

Agreed.

I don't know if there's a better/efficient way to compare configs, but here are my Advanced Desktop
Effect settings:
- Compositing type: OpenGL
- Disable functionality checks: unchecked
General Options
- Keep window thumbnails: Only for Shown Windows
- Scale method: Accurate
- Suspend desktop effects for fullscreen windows: checked
OpenGL Options
- Enable direct rendering: checked
- Use OpenGL 2 Shaders: checked
- Use VSync: checked