Re: akonadi

On August 26, 2011 10:30:22 AM Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Are people here using akonadi or any of the tools using the akonadi
> framework, in their regular workflow?
> (Email, PIM)

Maybe, but not because I want to... at this point I see my options for that
box as: check if KDE-4 can be built without akonadi; Oldstable with
KDE-3.5.10; Stable + Trinity's KDE-3.5.12; not-KDE

> Also, the same with Nepomuk. Are people using it or is it just sitting
> disabled in everyone's config?

Disabled as a service in itself, but it still gets started by akonadi.  :(

AFAICT, ATM: I have no use for the nepomuk/strigi semantic desktop stuff;
Akonadi is just simply overkill for me, and it doesn't help that the box I
currently use for email can't afford the extra/unnecessary overhead (even if
it didn't leave soprano and nepomuk processes lying around after a "ssh -X
host kmail").

- Bruce